Blueberry Breakfast Bread
1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup milk
1 cup fresh frozen blueberries
1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease with butter).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
3. In a bowl blend together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
4. While slowly mixing, add flour mixture and milk in two batches (some flour, then some milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk). Stop mixing as soon as it's just combined.
5. Rinse off the blueberries so they have just a bit of moisture on them, then, in a small bowl toss the blueberries and 1 T. flour. This flour coating will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your loaf while baking.
6. Add the flour coated berries to the batter and gently but quickly stir, by hand, to combine.
7. Immediately pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in the pan for about 30 minutes, then move to a wire cooling rack.